CHESTER HAS MOVED!: Battle of Grozny Study

Thursday, November 11, 2004

Battle of Grozny Study

Many links from Alert Readers tonight. An Alert Reader emails: "I am a former Marine (E-4, 0311 primary, 3/7 Camp LeJune, N.C. ’89-92) Gulf War Vet and I also worked as a war correspondent/TV Producer from 1992 until 1996. During That time I covered most of the fighting in Yugoslavia, Bosnia, Nagorno-Karabagh, Georgia, Afghanistan and Chechnya. "The knocking holes through walls tactic was actually developed during Stalingrad, but was most effectively used recently by the Chechens during the battle of Grozny from Dec. ’94 until Feb.’95.  It would not surprise me if there are some Chechens in Falluja presently, or in fact, had trained these particular Muj prior to the assault on the city. "In fact, all that I have read of late about the Muj’s tactics seems to prove that they are following the exact lessons and tactics that the Chechens used in Grozny in ’94.  Unfortunately, for them….the US Marines are not the Russian Army. I’ll send you a link to the US Army study of the Battle of Grozny that I have somewhere soon, and you may see for yourself." PARAMETERS, US Army War College Quarterly - Summer 1999

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on Blogwise