CHESTER HAS MOVED!: A second opinion . . .

Monday, November 08, 2004

A second opinion . . .

In light of reader concerns that I was giving too much away, I emailed my former boss, who now works at the Pentagon, and is a Marine Major, and asked him what he thought. His response: "Good site. Having been in on the planning of the April attack, and follow-on planning afterwards, I don't think your website is giving anything away that any intelligent individual who studies military history couldn't figure out. You are just providing a forum to "explain" some of what is going on. Oh, and to your estimate of 1 week to clear Fallujah, I would study the battle of Hue City during the TET offensive. I would say more like a month. Don't forget the effects of mines & booby traps on rates of advance. Also, look at what happened last time we went into Fallujah, especially outside of the city. One of your contributors asked "how can the insurgents be leaving the city in advance of the assault"? Simple. There just aren't enough forces to cordon off the area. Think about trying to shut down Fredericksburg, VA, while still allowing traffic to flow along 95 and Route 1. Just my 2 cents worth." I hope that alleviates some concerns . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on Blogwise