CHESTER HAS MOVED!: Update

Sunday, December 05, 2004

Update

Loyal readers: Today has been frustrating. Blogger was on the fritz for the vast majority of the morning and afternoon. And I was halfway through a post I'd spent an hour on when my browser shut down with no warning this evening. There is so much to comment on, but time is not on my side . . . On Japan, I wanted to address the comments of an Alert Reader in the posts from my last Japan piece -- I think we agree and the fault is mine for writing poorly. The question is not a rise in Japan's militarism -- as the regional press, English-language Japanese press, and International Herald Tribune types would have it be. No, the question is one of Japan becoming a fully-functioning member of the world community at long last -- and we should welcome and encourage the support of its military, not lean on half-century old fears of a racist fascism taking root there. Anyway, that's the 30-second version of that post. On Iran, I have a few good links from another Alert Reader. I'll try to get these out later tonight, but that post won't be as substantial as past Iran posts. I will return now to what I was working on before Safari failed me: The Rightist Critique of the War, Part I.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm the Alert Reader - I understand completely. Thanks for the clarification!

December 6, 2004 at 5:45 AM  
Blogger USMC_Vet said...

Breaking over the weekend (for those with the courage to face its meaning) was Iran's Massive Beryllium Purchases for Nuclear Device Development.

It is impossible to pay too much attention to Iran and their quest.

I am stunned at the number of people I talk to daily that have no idea, and I mean absolutely no clue, that Iran even might be trying to build a nuclear weapon.

It is like I have always told myself:

Someone's got to mind the store. You go ahead and shop in ignorant bliss.

Stunning.

December 6, 2004 at 3:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I understand your frustration. Sometimes I'm amazed that any of this stuff works. But for the most part it does, and beautifully I might add. A suggestion. Do all your writing offline in a text editor, or even Word, and then copy and paste. Beware those curly quotes though.

Also, save often. I save after every sentence. It gets to be a habit.

December 6, 2004 at 3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on Blogwise