CHESTER HAS MOVED!: Correction: CIA Activities in the Gulf War

Sunday, November 28, 2004

Correction: CIA Activities in the Gulf War

An Alert Reader has pointed out that the story of the CIA hiding a virus in a printer bound for Iraq shortly before the Gulf War is a myth. See this: Google Search: Iraqi printer virus "world report". I mentioned it in Part IV of the Iran series. I was slow to believe him because I was pretty sure that I had read an account of this in a history of the war entitled, "Triumph Without Victory," by the staff at US News and World Report, and I figured that their book would be accurate. Guess I figured wrong. A better book on the Gulf War (Round 1) is "The Generals' War" by Bernard Trainor and Michael Gordon. (We all owe a debt of gratitude to the "Jedi Knights" mentioned in this book -- some of the early proponents of maneuver warfare. I've added an Amazon link in the sidebar.) The moral of the story is to be wary of US News I suppose . . .

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

For all our criticism of the MSM, it could be a lot worse.

For instance, it's obvious that former Iraqi Information Minister Mohammed Saeed al-Sahaf, (AKA Bahgdad Bob") has found a new job:

http://www.jihadunspun.com/intheatre_internal.php?article=100723&list=/home.php

And of course, al-Jazeera is still spewing garbage:
http://www.aljazeera.com/cgi-bin/news_service/middle_east_full_story.asp?service_id=5875

Is this what people in the Middle East read and believe?

HK Vol

November 28, 2004 at 5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on Blogwise