CHESTER HAS MOVED!: Administrative Update

Saturday, November 13, 2004

Administrative Update

You are about to witness two changes here at The Adventures of Chester: 1. The left margin of the text will be widened for more readable posts, and less scrolling. One reader has asked that I not do this. None have asked me to, but I feel it is an improvement. I welcome your feedback. 2. Haloscan commenting and trackbacking is now available. I am leaving the blogger comments for now. I welcome feedback on this as well, especially from you frequent commenters out there. If I keep Haloscan, I will keep the blogger comments up until they are archived, then remove that link from the blog. But please use Haloscan, otherwise your comments will be gone forever in a week. If it does not work or has significant problems, please email me. UPDATE: Note: Please use the leftward-most comment link; it is the new haloscan link and should make commenting easier. I may go ahead and delete the blogger comment link now before this gets too confusing. Does anyone know how to do this without losing all past comments? I you are interested in how I widened the margin, email me and I will forward the instructions. Good comments all. Please try the new system though and see what you think.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

/quote/ 1. The left margin of the text will be widened for more readable posts, and less scrolling. One reader has asked that I not do this. None have asked me to, but I feel it is an improvement. I welcome your feedback.
//quote/

About time someone had some common sense. I've never understood why anyone would reduce their webpage content to 1/2 or 1/3 of the screen. It's much easier to read now.

November 13, 2004 at 2:14 PM  
Blogger Paddy_Lament said...

Chester - HUGE improvement with the margins. Although I don't comment often, I refer to your site on a daily basis, as I'm sure others do.

From my limited time on your blog, it looks as tho you keep your views strictly to a tactical basis of ops in the field. Care to share thoughts on how you think things are going in general (i.e. Iraq, WOT).
Cheers.
P.S. Anyone tell me what Haloscan is?

November 13, 2004 at 2:17 PM  
Blogger Paddy_Lament said...

Maybe this helps us both USMC_VET. Haven't bothered to read it yet of course. http://www.haloscan.com/faq/faq.php?category_id=2

November 13, 2004 at 2:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Much better.

How did you change it? I'd like to do the same on mine too...

November 13, 2004 at 2:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paddy, Haloscan commenting is same as this comments section. The Haloscan comments link is to the left of the trackback link.

Vet, if you have your own blog and wanted to post about one of Chester's article, trackback is a way to let Chester and us know about it. Think of it like remote commenting.

November 13, 2004 at 2:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anon,

Where's your blog? I have to see your source code on your blog to know how to change your margin.

November 13, 2004 at 2:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vet,

Add the trackback url for the specific Chester post to your blog. Click the trackback link and you'll see the link you need to use inside.

November 13, 2004 at 2:58 PM  
Blogger Paddy_Lament said...

USMC_VET

Ahhh...I get it now. You wouldn't know that I work for the world's biggest technology company. ;-)

Cheers

November 13, 2004 at 2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To another anon, from this anon. OMG!!!!
Re: Changing the margin
My blog is jakkalsgat.blogspot.com
Thanjs

November 13, 2004 at 2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I vote to put it back the way it was. It is too far to the left. "Too much scrolling" was never a problem but now it looks unprofessional.

November 13, 2004 at 3:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A big date that can easily be seen when scrolling, placed betwixt changes in dates would be helpful.

November 13, 2004 at 5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on Blogwise