CHESTER HAS MOVED!: Another Admin Update

Saturday, November 13, 2004

Another Admin Update

1. By popular demand, I have taken the left margin a little more to the right -- several readers complained that it was too far leftward. How is it now? 2. I'm leaving both comments systems up for now. I'd like some more feedback on them before I make any bold adjustments. So please readers, let me know what you think. Are there defenders of the old system out there? Is the new system far superior? Thanks. UPDATE: I'm thiiiiisss close to removing the Haloscan comments and just keeping the Trackback function. A command decision. Just not taking to them. Will monkey with the margins more tomorrow.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

On my screen your left margin is still jammed right up against the left boundary of my screen. Don't know whether this is a function of my monitor (very up-to-date from Dell) or my browser (Firefox). I can read it all ok, but just barely.
BTW, now that we're on really nit-picky stuff, I don't much care for your background color. Some kind of pea-soup green? I'd go with just black (text) on white (background), or something similar. But no big deal -- I'm going to read your postings avidly, aesthetics to the contrary notwithstanding!

November 13, 2004 at 9:29 PM  
Blogger Michael Gersh said...

I like Haloscan, have used them for two years with no complaints or significant downtime. Blogger comments seem better for you, more flexible, and can be restricted more easily, and password-protected, but you can't argue with Haloscan's record of reliability and success.

For you newbies, Blogger's reliability was a joke until about five or six months ago. That Blogger can make anything at all that is reliable is a new experience for us veterans out here. It's all because of Google, but you knew that - didn't you?

November 14, 2004 at 2:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A vote for blogger comments. I hate the popup-style Haloscan comments, and blogger's comments seem to be pretty reliable so far, and it's nicer to be able to see the the comments on the same page as the post.

November 14, 2004 at 5:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for restoring your margins. It is so much better now. I also would vote for black text on white backround. I love your site.

November 15, 2004 at 8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on Blogwise